Thank you for attending PRIMR23/SBER23! Recordings will be posted 72 hours from session airing. Recordings for 12/3 and 12/4 are now available for all virtual registrants and in person registrants who bought registration tickets for those days. To view a recording for a livestreamed/recorded session, click the "View Video" button on the session box.
The 2023 PRIM&R Annual Conference (PRIMR23)
will be held on December 3–6, 2023, in Washington, DC, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The 2023 SBER Conference (SBER23) and PRIMR23 Workshops
will be held on December 3.
A New Model for a New Era
As the world evolves and modernizes, PRIM&R seeks to create a space to think holistically about the research enterprise. At PRIMR23 and SBER23, endeavor with us to achieve a shared vision of advancing ethical, responsible, and high-quality research.
PRIMR23/SBER23 meets the unique educational needs of animal care and use and human subjects research oversight professionals
, while also providing a forum to discuss the important common themes that span the research enterprise
, which we call "crossover content."
The conference will span four days and is designed so attendees can create a conference experience that best meets their professional needs and interests
- On December 3, attend SBER23--a full day meeting for those working with and/or overseeing social science research. Or, attend one or more of the PRIMR23 Workshops, in-depth course offerings on human subjects protections, animal care and use, crossover, or leadership topics.
- PRIMR23, on December 4-6, will include a mix of sessions geared toward those working in human subjects research, animal care and use, and/or institutional leadership, as well as sessions on crossover topics*.
- A select number of sessions will be streamed live and offered on-demand on December 3-6 as part of the PRIMR23/SBER23 virtual meeting.
For a focused experience, attendees can attend the sessions most related to their day-to-day work. Those seeking an enhanced learning experience can choose to attend sessions featuring crossover content or sessions related to other areas of research oversight. In addition, we’ll provide field-specific networking opportunities, as well as options that allow for collaboration and networking across fields and among the various stakeholders in attendance. Those attending in-person will have access to any session streamed live/captured for on-demand access.Learn more about registration packages and fees
*Human subjects research and crossover content will be offered on December 4-6; animal care and use and institutional leadership content will be offered December 4-5 only.
Who Attends PRIMR23/SBER23?
- HRPP/IRB, IACUC/ACU, and IBC directors, administrators, chairs, and members
- Compliance personnel
- QA/QI personnel
- Institutional research leadership
- Federal and state representatives
- Pharma/biotech industry personnel
- CRO employees
- Researchers and research staff
- Clinical research professionals
- Legal counsel
- Public relations professionals
- Research subject and patient advocates
- And anyone else working within the research enterprise!