On December 3, the day before the 2023 PRIM&R Annual Conference (PRIMR23) beings, PRIM&R will host a variety of half and full-day Workshops in-person only
, and that will provide in-depth exploration of topics related to human subjects research, animal care and use, crossover issues, and institutional leadership.
We will offer the following courses--view the agenda for more information on these programs
Full Day, 8:30 AM-4:15 PM
- Introduction to the IRB: Ethics and Regulation (Human Subjects Research)
- Introduction to the IACUC (Animal Care and Use)
- Institutional Official (IO) Discussion: Navigating Ethical and Regulatory Challenges While Accelerating Research (Institutional Leadership)
Morning Half Day, 8:30-11:45 AM
- Leadership Development: Pathways to Career Growth for Senior Research Oversight Personnel (Crossover)
- Mastering FDA Regulations: Strategies for Review and Oversight of Complex Research Scenarios (Human Subjects Research)
- Overseeing Decentralized Clinical Trials: Navigating Ethical and Regulatory Challenges With Single IRBs (Human Subjects Research)
- Building an Effective Postapproval Monitoring Program (Animal Care and Use)
Afternoon Half Day, 1:00-4:15 PM
*The Models of Tribal Research Governance and Ethical Oversight Workshop is being offered for free to those actively working/staffing Tribal IRBs and/or supporting research in Tribal Communities, or those who will be doing this work within the next year, as well as those individuals who work at a Tribal Colleges and are looking to expand research oversight capacity, create policies, etc. Read more here about how to apply for free registration.
- Building your Toolbox: Digital Learning Tools (Crossover)
- Designing and Implementing a Robust Responsible Conduct of Research Education Program (Crossover)
- Building Community Support for Your Animal Research Program (Animal Care and Use)
- Models of Tribal Research Governance and Ethical Oversight (Human Subjects Research)*
- The Workshops are not included in registration for PRIMR23. They must be purchased separately. Information on fees can be found on this webpage.
- Attendees cannot register for PRIMR23 Workshops and SBER23.
- Attendees cannot register for a full-day and half-day Workshop, but attendees can register for two half-day Workshops (AM and PM).
- Attendees can register for Workshop(s) only or register for a Workshop and the PRIMR23/SBER23 Virtual Meeting.
- The PRIMR23 Workshops are NOT included in the Virtual Meeting, are not being streamed, and are not being recorded for on-demand access.
- A boxed lunch will be offered to those attending full day Workshops or a morning AND afternoon Workshop (those only attending one half day Workshop are not eligible for lunch on this day).